July 13, 2010

Lately...

Lately...I have been busy busy keeping up with the dogs, packing, cooking to get rid of all the food in my house, volunteering, and watching tons of movies. Erik is at SERE and will return on Saturday! Yipee!! He will have been gone for 3 1/2 weeks (which isn't long) but consider him lucky that he has the bestest wife in the whole wide world, me! :), packing the house up and gearing up for our move.

SERE is in Washington and is survival training. How to survive in the wilderness, how to survive if you crash in the water, how to survive if you are a POW or hostage. I make it sound easy and fun and although I am sure he is having fun, he is also getting "beat up" and eating ants. A lot of his training is classified and even though what's mine is yours applies in our household, apparently his classified status doesn't apply to me so he can't tell me much. He is coming back on Saturday and I am looking forward to having him back so someone will actually have an ongoing conversation with me while at home...the dogs haven't learned English yet!

We have reserved a house in North Carolina about twenty minutes south of Camp Lejeune/MCAS New River, the Marine base where Erik will start training for the Osprey. We are so ready to move and get to the beach. Although, we will miss Summer there in North Carolina we hear the weather will still be nice for us to enjoy the ocean for months to come. I'm not sure who is more excited, Erik or our water loving labs. Here is the link to our rental, you should come visit!



You know the saying, a picture is worth a 1,000 words, well here are pictures which can tell you what has been going on in our lives and are a lot more interesting then me typing and typing!


The boys love soft toys, so much that they rip parts off. When they rip a part off we take it up so we don't have a house full of stuffing. I decided there is no point taking all these toys on our move if they are half eaten. Here the boys are in heaven with all these toys and when they finished one off I threw it away. We are both happy--they get to destroy their soft toys and I get to throw stuff away!


Moose has decided the bath tub is his new favorite place. I find this so cute I can't find myself to teach him to stay out...plus I want Erik to see him in action. It is hilarious!


Here are Moose and Bullet (Moose's brother) and Tank in the car ready to go to the lake!


My boys. Not sure who Erik misses more, me or them!

The Millers came to visit!! My sister, Stacy, and the kids, Karston (9), Gracyn (almost 6), and Braxton (4) were driving back to Texas from Florida and decided to stop in for a few days. It was so fun having visitors. We stayed busy, ate like champions, and played with the dogs.


We made homemade donuts!


They got to see the Huey!


Erik was gone for the 4th of July this year so the boys and I watched the firework show from the street corner, not very exciting but festive none the less!


I finally finished my art project. I bought the materials back in the Fall and it only took Erik being gone for three weeks for me to sit down and complete some of my projects. He needs to leave more often...not! :)


Alabama has turned me into Mrs. Clumsy! Running at night, running on ancient uneven sidewalks was a disaster! Needless to say, my run got cut short!

1 comment:

  1. I love your art project!! I've been wanting a sign like that. And your knees - oh my gosh!! Hopefully it wasn't as painful as it looks!!

    ReplyDelete