A few weeks ago, I got to ride in the CV-22 here at Kirtland. My timing has been right so far at all the squadrons we have been to as these events only happen once a year.
At Laughlin, I participated in Souse Taxi Day where I got to wear a flight suit, sit in the back of the T-6, make the radio calls, and taxi down the runway.
At Rucker, I got to ride in the TH-1H with the doors open. This was an awesome feeling as it was my first helicopter ride and I finally understood why Erik chose helicopters. They don't go very fast; however, the sound of the rotors, the views down below, and being able to hang your foot outside was thrilling.
With Erik's shiny silver wings comes a new aircraft and the opportunity to ride in the Osprey. This was a whole new plane, I mean helicopter, I mean tilt rotor aircraft that Erik flies and will continue to fly for years to come.
We walked out to the Osprey, strapped in and took off in hovering mode. The pilots quickly turned the nacelles into plane mode and we cruised around watching New Mexico below us. As we left the city, we were able to go sit on the ramp and then go to the cockpit. I loved it! No wonder Erik loves it too, you get the best of both worlds.
No comments:
Post a Comment