May 17, 2011

Grand Canyon

This past weekend, Erik and I took full advantage of our location. We packed our bags and the boys and headed west to Arizona. We met up with our good friends who are now in Las Vegas and friends from ABQ also came. It was a great reunion for all of us!!

We stayed in a beautiful cabin out in the woods in Park, AZ. There was not a sole in sight and it was so peaceful! Our dogs were able to run free, we enjoyed the hot tub, hung out with our friends, and then made the hour trek to the Grand Canyon!

Seeing the Grand Canyon was amazing. Erik and I had heard that it was beautiful but until you are there do you actually understand just how breathtaking it is. We were only there for a few hours and only hiked along a small portion of the South Rim; however, it kept going and going. Erik and I would love to go back and hike down into the canyon, camp there, watch the sunrise, and go to the other rims. There is so much to do and although we only saw a small portion we were blown away and cannot wait to go back!

Poor Zoe got a nail in her tire on I-40. Luckily, it was an easy fix and I had a full spare in the back.

Our drive was only five hours and luckily all three dogs (our two and our friends) slept the entire way. Here is Moose and Ludo asking if we were there yet!


Us girls at the Cabin!

In our cozy cabin for the weekend, there were two queen beds and one king. We decided to play Bed Roulette to determine who would get the best room. Guess who won the challenge! :)


If only pictures could capture the pure beauty of the Grand Canyon.

Erik and I enjoying the South Rim as we wait for our table at El Tovar. The restaurant had great food and surprisingly reasonable prices. We all enjoyed our meals and would highly recommend this place.


Erik, me, Amanda, Jay, Nicky, and John

Erik and I on our hike around the rim.

Here is Tank and Nelly, his first friend, his first girlfriend from Del Rio! They were so excited to be reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment