February 28, 2010

Another month has come and gone!

February Happenings for The Towals:

February was a great month and I can't believe tomorrow is already March 1st. Actually, I am not reallllly looking forward to the month of March for one reason....Mustache March! In the Air Force its a tradition that the guys grow out their mustache for the entire month and on the last day of March they have awards for the best/worst mustache. Therefore, I will be looking at his mustache for 31 long days...:)

Other than that, the month started off with the groundhog saying there will be six more weeks of winter and boy was he right. It is still cold and we even had a snow storm here (more to come). One thing is for sure, I am definitely looking forward to Spring and Summer.

Erik had an exciting month, he went on his Cross Country Helicopter trip to Patrick AFB which is near Cape Canaveral, Florida, he rocked his Remotes block for training, and he turned 24! On his cross country trip, they were able to fly along the beach (at about 150 feet, level with all the hotels), fly over the space shuttle's runway, see all the old launching sites for the space shuttles, and they also saw the white rocket boosters and the big red fuel tank wheeled out to the launch pad awaiting the latest shuttle departure. On top of the cool flying they got to do, he toured the Pavehawk (HH-60) and watched Para Jumper rescue guys do training missions out of the HH-60. Erik still isn't sure which helicopter he wants to fly; however, seeing the HH-60 and watching everything I think he might be leaning more towards that. Who knows though, he changes his mind daily! :)

My big adventure for the month was a trip to Texas to watch my niece and nephews for a week while my sister, Stacy, and brother-in-law, Roddrick, were out of town. I had a blast being Aunt for the week but it sure was tiring!! While there, I got to see my parents, take the kids lunch and meet their friends at school, watch dance practice as well as a basketball game, and read with them. Along with all the fun came runny noses, coughing, spraying Shout on all their stains before washing, as well as giving baths.....man I am so not ready for kids!! Taking care of a husband, a dog, and a plant are all I need right now! :)

While I was away, Alabama had snow!! It snowed a few inches and stayed for about 36 hours. Erik and Tank loved it and they even made sure they had a little bit of snow saved for me when I came home.

We rounded out this last weekend of February with people over on Friday, a spouse gathering on Saturday to kick the winter blues, watching several episodes of Law and Order:SVU, going out for some yummy homemade ice cream, a trip to Dothan on Sunday, and taking Tank to the falls behind our house to swim and play.

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy February!

Erik's Cross Country


Inside the UH-1H cockpit (keep in mind its from the Vietnam era)


Flying along the beach


About to fly over Cape Canaveral


Watching the HH-60 Training


Tank's First Snow Storm


The snowman that they built


Then the boys decided it should be bigger


He loved the snow

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about Mustache March...at least Mitch is gone for half of it so I don't have to look at it...lol....looking forward to April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there something wrong with me if I love Matt's stash? It's what he had when I met him (: Not so fun for the sandpaper kisses (:

    ReplyDelete