December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving in the South

Not sure where time has gone, it just feels like Thanksgiving was just yesterday!

This year we hosted our first Thanksgiving! It was very tiring but well worth it. The Towal's came in at the beginning of the week and the Jeffers' came in on Thanksgiving day. We were able to show everyone around Alabama. We showed them the big city of Dothan and saw a few movies there (you must go see Blind Side!) and we also went to the Aviation Museum so they could see all of the different helicopters from the past and all of the ones that are still flown in the present. We were also able to drive them around post and show them the lakes, nature trails, all of the different heliports and the various helicopters that are flown there, and the different houses. It is crazy how big this post is, when we were driving and showing them all over we drove around areas Erik and I haven't even seen yet and the crazy part is we only have really seen about 30% of the entire post. This place is huge! I was also able to take both sets of parents to see Erik fly the Huey. Since they don't fly here on post and the Air Force air field is actually about 15 minutes away, its nice to drive out there and see them hovering and taking off into the morning sky.

While everyone was here we ate a lot!! Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous and surprisingly everything was ready at the same time, I didn't burn anything, and it all tasted yummy! That night, the Aggies put up a good fight but the Longhorns prevailed in the end, much to the delight of everyone in my house. I was the lone Aggie in the house after my dad took off Tank's Texas A&M bandanna and hid it! :)

Although, I felt like I spent the whole week in the kitchen cooking and cleaning dishes it was great to see everyone and have them with us in Alabama. Now we are just looking forward to going home to Texas for Christmas.

Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving:


The Jeffers, us, The Towals
Everyone outside our house before the Towal's made there way back to Texas!


Erik and I with Tank in front of our house



Erik showing his parents and me around the Huey Cockpit

1 comment: