Another one bites the dust...well almost!
We, well actually just me for now, have almost moved out of another house, off another base, and out of another state. Erik hit the flight line on May 24th for his last seven night flights. It is now July 11th and he has completed four rides. He has three more flights to go. We just need the planes to work and the weather to cooperate and then he can join me here in Florida. Yes, the sunny state of Florida. Not for six months, not for a year, we get to be here for at least two years!
Before leaving ABQ, I packed up the house and had Erik help me with the breaking down of some of the furniture and I left him with the bare essentials. Left him behind, he was taking too long! :) I always do the packing to my standard and he packs the truck to his standard.
The dining room is lined with boxes and the poor dogs have a tiny walk way to get to their food and water bowls. I know Tank must be thinking "Not again!" Moose has lived in three states but he's too young to remember so he just moves along like nothing is happening. At least with this move, Moose isn't obsessed with the noise of the tape gun...in Alabama all he wanted to do was eat it. It definitely made building and closing boxes difficult. This move he just wanted to be near you, which is typical Moose; however, he would lay on the wrapping paper as you were wrapping something or he would lay on top of things before you could even get them in the box! Gotta love milk chocolatey Moose. Poor Tankie Poo hears the tape gun and runs. He likes things calm and consistent. He goes to the office to relax and get away.
All I hope for now is good weather and good planes so I can head back to ABQ and help load up the U-Haul, clean the house, and drive cross country and really move. Keep your fingers crossed!!
All I hope for now is good weather and good planes so I can head back to ABQ and help load up the U-Haul, clean the house, and drive cross country and really move. Keep your fingers crossed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment